ramblings, musings, and defining moments

ramblings, musings, and defining moments

And yesterday I saw her
Walking down an unfamiliar street,
Feet confident,
Face slanted upward toward a threatening sky,
And
She was smiling
And she was
Her very free,
Her very individual,
Unpliable
Own




Sunday, November 28, 2010

friendship

Friendship is a beautiful thing. In the way of friends, I have one of the very best. Shannon and I spend a lot of time goofing off and laughing, just enjoying each other's company. We talk about Jesus and our journeys with Him. Like most best friends, sometimes we cry and sometimes we laugh. Time with Shannon has always been significant and purposeful...a lifting of my spirit. My world feels a little brighter when she's around. We visit new places, try new restaurants, and do new things. I have a lot of "firsts" with Shannon as she challenges me and pushes me to get out of my comfort zone to try new things. We also share...books, movies, scripture verses, and even a deer carcass. A deer carcass? Yes. Friends, that is no typo. On a recent farm sitting adventure with Shannon, one of the dogs returned to the llama pasture with remnants (very large, furry, and bloody remnants) of a deer. After we decided we should probably move it out of the pasture, Shannon returns to the barn, grabs a shovel, and promptly hands it to me saying, "Here ya go!" Nice. I know your mom taught you the importance of sharing, Shannon, but seriously?? Then I did what I thought any farm girl would do. I maneuvered the shovel beneath the carcass (after gagging a couple times) and carried Bambi's remains to the other side of the pasture fence by the woods. I was pretty proud of myself. That was definitely a first for me. Like I said, Shannon challenges me. Friendship is a beautiful thing. Most of the time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment