ramblings, musings, and defining moments

ramblings, musings, and defining moments

And yesterday I saw her
Walking down an unfamiliar street,
Feet confident,
Face slanted upward toward a threatening sky,
And
She was smiling
And she was
Her very free,
Her very individual,
Unpliable
Own




Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the good dirt

Some of you know that I recently took a pottery wheel class. Since then, I've worked in the studio a couple times each week. I have several random pieces, but my big project is to complete one place setting before the end of the summer. I'm almost done and I'll post pictures of the place setting when all the pieces have been glazed and fired. For now, I'm posting pictures of my first two completed pieces. It took seven weeks to make these two pieces, from throwing the clay on the wheel until the final firing. Needless to say, my new pastime is teaching me patience. :)

2 comments:

  1. You need a picture on your blogger profile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I just don't like the way it looks on my blog. :(

    ReplyDelete