ramblings, musings, and defining moments

ramblings, musings, and defining moments

And yesterday I saw her
Walking down an unfamiliar street,
Feet confident,
Face slanted upward toward a threatening sky,
And
She was smiling
And she was
Her very free,
Her very individual,
Unpliable
Own




Saturday, June 19, 2010

the simple things

I enjoy the lights of city skylines where the energy is high and the pace is fast, but nothing beats a starry night in the country where the simple things are the best things. I love catching fireflies on a summer night and the sound of my nephew's laughter when I tickle him. The best smell is fresh cut grass and the best feeling is feeling at all, whether it's sunshine or raindrops. It's cliche, I know, but life is good.

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment